Friday, June 19, 2009

Confessions of a genius


I am making a confession that I am a genius. Upon seeing this, I am very sure that quite a number of people may think that I am arrogant, however, I am not being arrogant at this point of time.
To be honest with you, I am not very good in academics. I am the worse in the entire class in term of my results. So, how can the worse student in results be a genius?
I looked up the dictionary and found that the definition of genius is a highly talented, creative or intelligent person. Thus, I think I had meet up with the requirements. There are many class jokers in the schools in Singapore, however, being an intelligent joker ,is not being a clown and do funny movements to bring laughter to everyone.Jokers are people who tells jokes and makes people laugh. It requires alot of quick thinking and planning.
Let me give you an instance: My idol, Rowan Atkinson, otherwise known as Mr Bean, is one of the most funny and well knowned comedian in the world. Suprisingly, he graduated from Oxford University, one of the world's most well known and best University.Before he starts acting in his show,it requires more than ample amount of preparation of the show. The outcome is that everyone watching his shows laugh. Now, he is known as a genius.
Being a class joker, I have to be creative, creating new jokes for everyone to laugh as people do get bored upon listening to the same jokes over again.
From my opinion, jokers are the real geniuses in the world. Reader's Digest, a highly read magazine pays everyone who 'donate' their new jokes a hundred dollars. They are not buying their jokes, but to actually congratulate the person who creates the joke, for being intelligent and creative.
Overall, I hereby confess that I am a genius and being a genius does not require you to do fabulously well in tests.
Please comment!!!

3 comments:

  1. Mitch, I quite agree with your points.

    These points are well stated and argued with minimal flaw, and is free of grammatical errors. :)

    And therefore, I agree that you are a genius (based on the above stated points).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well , this is quite persuasive and it did changed my P.O.V. Great job!

    Except for one or two grammatical errors , the post is well-written.~~(=

    ReplyDelete