Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Girl by Ezra Pound

The tree has entered my hands,
The sap has ascended my arms,
The tree has grown in my breast-
Downward,

The branches grow out of me, like arms.

Tree you are,
Moss you are,
You are violets with wind above them.
A child - so high - you are,
And all this is folly to the world.


1.)How are the figurative language used in the poem? Give the specific word(s), explain what type of figurative language it is and why the poet chose to use this figurative language?

Ans:This poem uses alot of figurative language.The poet uses similies and metaphors in this poem, as they compare the words with another object.This is mainly to make this poem sound more entertaining and more attractive and thus, making it a good poem.

2.)Tell us why you like this poem in no less than 100 words.

I like this poem as it is very entertaining. It uses figurative language to attract me to read this poem.Futhermore, the poem is paragraphed nicely, when it does so, the poem will apear short. As I glanced through the poem the first time, I found it short and sweet. So, I like this poem.

(57 Words)

No comments:

Post a Comment